We, Envirohomes Renewables Limited, are the controller of the personal data that we hold about you. This means that we are legally responsible for how we hold and use personal data about you. It also means that we are required to comply with data protection laws when holding and using your personal data. This includes providing you with the details contained within this Notice of how we hold and use your personal data, who we may share it with and your rights in relation to your personal data.
- What Are My Rights?
Data protection law gives you the following rights in relation to your personal data that we handle and use about you:
- a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data, which is the purpose of this Notice.
- b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- d) The right to have your personal data erased, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent or limit) the processing of your personal data.
- f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- g) The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw consent to us processing personal data which we hold on your behalf, this may delay or prevent us from representing you in your case.
- h) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases. In some circumstances, we can transfer it to the other service or business for you.
- i) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Please contact us if you wish to make any of the above requests. When you make a request, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity for security reasons. You will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt, although we may extend this by up to an additional two months for complex requests. It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. Please contact us before you complain to the ICO, as we would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves.
The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
- What Personal Data Do You have to Collect and How We Collect About You and Why?
|Data Collected||Purpose of Processing||Our legal basis for processing the Data Collected|
|Identity Information including Name, Title, Date of Birth.||To allow us to provide you with legal services, deal with your enquiry or correspond with you in relation to your case||Necessary to assist you with any enquiry, progress your case and comply with the legal obligations, professional rules and regulatory requirements that apply to us in terms of knowing our client|
|Contact information including Email address, telephone number, residential address, Passport/Driving Licence Number, marital status, National Insurance Number||To allow us to provide you with legal services, deal with your enquiry or correspond with you in relation to your case||Necessary to assist you with any enquiry, progress your case and comply with the legal obligations, professional rules and regulatory requirements that apply to us in terms of knowing our client|
|Business information including business name, job title, salary details and profession||To provide you with legal services and allow this to be used as part of your case/transaction, if required||Necessary to progress your case and comply with Fraud and Anti Money laundering regulations|
|Bank account details, savings accounts, bonds||To send/receive payments from you and wind up the estate on executry cases, if required||Necessary to send or to receive monies from you and to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations as well as ingathering for executry cases|
|GP Details, Insurance details, vehicle registration number||To provide you with legal services and allow us to handle claims cases on your behalf, if required||Necessary to assist you with an enquiry or progress your claim case|
|Payslips or business accounts||To provide you with legal services and allow us to handle your claim/litigation case on your behalf, if required||Necessary to prove loss of earnings in claims/litigation cases|
|Special category personal data, including religion, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation||To allow us to use this as evidence in your case, if required||Necessary for establishment and defence of legal claims|
In some circumstances, we may rely on your consent as the legal basis for handling and using your personal data. By providing us with your personal data and special category personal data (if relevant) and the personal data and special category personal data of other individuals, you:
- consent to it being used by us as described in this Notice; and
- confirm that you have informed the other individuals of the content of this Notice and they have provided their consent to their personal data and special category personal data being used by us as described in this Notice.
You and the other individuals have the right to withdraw your consent to us holding and using your and their personal data and special category personal data by contacting us. Once you / they have withdrawn your/their consent, we will no longer use your their personal data and special category personal data for the purpose(s) set out in this Notice, which you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal basis for doing so.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under data protection law, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out easily from receiving similar future communications from us. We will always obtain your express opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to opt-out easily from receiving communications from them at any time.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes other than where we are required to do so in order to carry out the nature of the work on your behalf.
- Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. We will notify you of any changes where we are required to do so by law.